Artists’ Ventures Initiative
Support for successful, sustainable arts-based business ventures
The SCAC’s Artists’ Ventures Initiative (AVI) is a grant and a program dedicated to helping #SCartists develop the knowledge and skills to build satisfying, sustainable careers.
Responding to input from artists across the state about their key concerns, the AVI offers:
- Financial support for arts-based businesses
- Use as start-up support to launch an arts-based business venture (or significantly alter an existing venture) that will operate in an ongoing manner.
- Or, use it to execute a temporary venture (a one-time project or single purchase) that will provide career satisfaction and sustainability.
- A one-time project/single purchase may be awarded up to $3,500. An ongoing business venture may be awarded up to $5,000.
- Business training
- AVI connects artists to affordable training options that support their development as entrepreneurs and profitable business people.
See how current and recent grantees are using AVI below.
Current grantees (FY22)
If you are seeking more program information or advisement before submitting a grant application, please contact Artist Development Director Ce Scott-Fitts (803.734.8203 | firstname.lastname@example.org).