2022 Broadcast Info
Airing live Monday, June 13 at 9 p.m. ET
South Carolina Arts Commission Executive Director David Platts and University of South Carolina McKissick Museum Executive Director Jane Przybysz are joined by S.C. First Lady Peggy McMaster at the Governor’s Mansion to honor seven exceptional recipients of the 2022 South Carolina Arts Awards.
South Carolina Governor’s Awards for the Arts
- ARTIST: Darion McCloud, Columbia
- INDIVIDUAL: Ed Madden, Columbia
- ARTS IN EDUCATION: Carrie Ann Power, Aiken
- ORGANIZATION: One Columbia for Arts and History, Columbia
Jean Laney Harris Folk Heritage Award
- Justin Guy (Edgefield): Artist, Traditional alkaline-glazed stoneware pottery
- Ann Phillips (Sumter): Artist, Quiltmaking
- Duncan Rutherfurd (Aiken): Advocacy, custom knifemaking
How to watch
South Carolina ETV, the state’s public educational broadcasting network, will broadcast the awards ceremony through its 11-station TV network that spans the state.
Viewers can access the broadcast above and via:
- livestream on SCETV.org.
- by using a digital antenna attached to a television,
- through cable or satellite providers,
- and streaming TV providers with a live TV option like Hulu Live, Sling TV, YouTube TV, etc.
Unable to join live?
The virtual presentation will be available for on-demand viewing on the S.C. Arts Commission YouTube Channel after the live presentation, and SCETV plans encore presentations (check local listings).